Monday, June 08, 2009

The House Between is in Contention (for now!)

Airlock Alpha has just published the "long list" of prospective nominees for the 2009 Portal Awards.

Under the category "best web series," my independent dramatic production The House Between has snagged a "long list" nomination slot (with a further round of eliminations still to go...).

The competition just to reach the short list appears particularly and painfully fierce this year. My low budget show is up against (comparatively) big-budget "official" franchise programming such as Battlestar Galactica, and Heroes, not to mention fan favorites such as Joss Whedon's Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog and three iterations of Star Trek, plus the now-buzzing Hunt for Gollum.

It's a tremendous honor to be included in such company, even at this preliminary stage, and I'll be keeping my fingers crossed that we make the cut for the short list. You can read the long list nominees here. There are three hundred nominees right now (in all award categories) and they get whittled down to 70...and then the voting begins!

Congratulations to all the productions that made the long list, and good luck going forward. I'll blog again on this topic when the official nominees are announced, and voting is slated to commence.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Father's Journal, Epilogue: "My Cancer"

My friends, we have reached the final entry in my father’s journal of his battle with cancer.     I want to thank all the readers who have c...