Monday, July 30, 2012

Television and Cinema Verities #30


"I realized that because the special effects were so good I was able to underplay the character. In the past they never had such convincing special effects, so a lot of Superman's mystique was created by poses. In contrast, I was able to be casual, and a good example of that is the balcony scene with Lois, where I talk about my background and I offer to take her flying. It's all done with the mood of two people getting to know each other on a first date. I was really glad that I could play the part in a naturalistic way, and that was only possible because the special effects were state of the art for their time."

- The late and great Christopher Reeve details his approach to playing the Man of Steel in Superman: The Movie. From a BBC interview with Almar Haflidasan at BBC Films in 2001.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Enter The House Between picks up Hermes Creative Award (Platinum!) for 2024

Enter The House Between, our audio drama that finished airing its first season in October of 2023, picked up its second award yesterday!  T...