Thursday, August 22, 2013

Now Available for Pre-Order: Horror Films FAQ (with a foreword by Chris Carter!)



My new book, Horror Films FAQ is now available for pre-order at Amazon.com, and is on sale now at Hal Leonard.  The books just came into the warehouse this morning...

The book is the latest addition to the long-standing FAQ series, which has been described as: "a one-stop source of info, history, and minutia on an array of performing arts subjects."

Basically, the book includes thirty chapters focusing on aspects of the horror film such as found footage horror films, slasher films, J-Slashers, remakes, horror history, directors, and so forth.  

There are two chapters on slasher films, two chapters on "alien" movies, and an array of information about everything from mad scientist films to "rape and revenge" films, to zombie films.  The final chapter deals with horror television.

But what pleases me so tremendously about the book is that the foreword is penned by The X-Files creator: writer/director Chris Carter.  

Mr. Carter's foreword not only introduces the terrain of the book's subject matter, but discusses his time making the The X-Files (and dealing with network censorship...) and details Carter's history with and love for the genre going back to his childhood.  It's a great read, and starts off the book in brilliant fashion.  

I hope as readers of the blog, you'll support Horror Films FAQ, and let me know what you think!

10 comments:

  1. Cool! I'll pre-order a copy, John.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you my friend, it means a lot to me...

      Delete
  2. Autographed copies? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely! Just e-mail me and we can make arrangements!

      Delete
  3. Awesome John, thanks for the heads up, I'll go to Amazon.

    SGB

    ReplyDelete
  4. John - Much success to you on your latest book.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I look very much forward to adding this book to my "Muir collection".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Trent. I hope you enjoy the book when it is released!

      Delete

My Father's Journal, Epilogue: "My Cancer"

My friends, we have reached the final entry in my father’s journal of his battle with cancer.     I want to thank all the readers who have c...