Wednesday, January 14, 2015

At Flashbak: Five Shows-within-Shows that Deserve Their Own Time Slot...



My latest article at Flashbak considers five programs that are actually shows within shows, and whether or not they would make good programs on their own.



"Even fictional TV characters like to kick back and watch television from time-to-time. We know this for a fact because many cult-TV series feature shows-within-shows, fictional programming set “in universe.”

Not surprisingly, perhaps, many of these shows-within-shows have proven so tantalizing or so entertaining that fans have wondered from time-to-time if these “fake” shows might actually matriculate to the airwaves themselves.

Any list of fictional TV programs that deserve to be green-lit would have to include:..."

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Father's Journal, Epilogue: "My Cancer"

My friends, we have reached the final entry in my father’s journal of his battle with cancer.     I want to thank all the readers who have c...