Monday, May 11, 2015

The Mad Max Movie Matrix





Civilization is Corrupt
An ally betrays Max
The legend of Max grows
Kids
Max is severely injured
Main villain has a minion
Love interest dies.
Final Chase with vehicles
Max redeemed
Mad Max (1979)
Yes: Australia
No
No
Sprog
No
Johnny
Jessie
Yes
No
The Road Warrior (1982)
Yes: Oil Refinery City
Yes: The oil wasn’t on the tanker.
Yes
The Feral Child
Yes
Wez
Warrior Woman
Yes
Yes
Mad Max Beyond Thunder-dome (1985)
Yes: Thunderdome
No.
Yes
Crack in the Earth Kids
Yes
Master/Blaster
No
Yes
Yes

2 comments:

  1. SteveW11:12 AM

    Under the category of "An ally betrays Max," are you sure that Max was unaware that the oil wasn't on the tanker? I'm always thought he was in on the deception--at a minimum, it's left ambiguous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel like his reaction when he sees the sand serves as his acknowledgement that he had no idea.

      Delete

My Father's Journal, Epilogue: "My Cancer"

My friends, we have reached the final entry in my father’s journal of his battle with cancer.     I want to thank all the readers who have c...