Sunday, September 04, 2016

At Flashbak: Merlin, the Electronic Wizard




This week at Flashbak, I also remembered a fun (if now antiquated…) toy from the disco decade: MERLIN.



“In 1978, Parker Bros. introduced the world to a hand-held electronic game that became beloved by generation of kids…even if it pales in comparisons to today’s smart phones and their 21st century computing capabilities

The toy in question, is, of course, MERLIN, a red telephone-like “computer brain.” 

The copy on the back of the box lays down a challenge for intrepid youngsters:

"Can you outsmart MERLIN?

Before you answer, consider further details. “He's remarkably intelligent,” the box reports.  “With lights, a powerful computer brain, and a vocabulary of 20 different sounds he challenges you to beat him at these six games of strategy, memory and skill…"


Please continue reading at Flashbak.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Father's Journal, Epilogue: "My Cancer"

My friends, we have reached the final entry in my father’s journal of his battle with cancer.     I want to thank all the readers who have c...